I think right now (and I don’t say this stuff lightly), I’m super passionate about Open Source — more than anything else in my professional life. It’s a lifestyle. Over a decade of writing code and the most fun part has always been when I shared my workflows and open sourced my software.
When developers reach out to me to tell that my software has helped them get a job, a better client, and that they appreciate the work I do — it’s something. It’s something… I can’t put in words.
Stats & Impact: About My Open Source Work#
- 🎯 87 New Open Source Projects
- 💯 162 PRs reviewed, Issues, & more…
- 💻 113 Pull requests: In over 45 FOSS repos
- 🔥 16,921 Commits since Sep 2017 to Dec 2018
- 🚧 14 Private repos: Working on new FOSS projects
- ️🛠️ 8 out of every 10 Gutenberg plugins: Built with my award-winning open source software called
👌 I contributed to 45+ FOSS (Free & Open Source Software) repositories in these software and companies: Node.js Foundation, Community Committee a top-level committee, W3C CSS Working Group, Nodejs.dev, Gatsby.js (joined the org), Gutenberg (React.js based WP Editor), Zeit, Google, Azure, Microsoft, Azure Functions Node.js Worker, Microsoft Docs, VSCode, TwentyNineteen theme, Facebook, WordPress (4.9, 5.0) WP Metabox, WPTie, XWP, Formidable Labs, HumanMade, WP-CLI, Gambitph, Redux Framework, AesopInteractive, Sitepoint-wp-editors, Freemius, HighlightJS, TGMPA, Moxie-Lean, Timber, DevBridge, BrowserSync, EasyEngine, Automattic, Escalade Sports, MDX JS, webpack, Node gh, AMP Project, CalderaWP, Serverless Framework, ThePracticalDev, ShellJS, Styled Components, Nuxt, TheDevsNetwork, Laccadive-io, Exchange Rates API, and many more exciting projects. Felt every bit as awesome as it should.
— Follow my open source work @AhmadAwais on GitHub
😇 This year I hope to get more serious about contributing to the Node.js Foundation, CSS WG, Google Developers Group, and generally the Cloud Community. I have my eye set on a couple of great opportunities in the different open source technical committees. Wish me luck.
- 🌳 Node.js Foundation Community Committee Member
- 🎨 1 Million+ Developer Users:
Shades of Purple
- WPGulp Version 2 & Further Updates
- On Joining Gatsby.js & Contributing FOSS
- 🏆 On Winning the Automattic Design Award Trophy
- 🎉 WordPress 5.0 Launched and I Got to Contribute — Yay!
- 🚀 Emoji-Log — A New Way to Write Your Git Commit Messages